How hard is it to pay for a traffic ticket, I often thought. It must be easy, it is something almost everyone has got at one point or the other and must be updated with time, at least that’s what I thought. Oh, how wrong I was.
I had to wake up early to look up courts near me to pay, look for directions, and go to the court, and once there, I was shocked at the queue! I had to stand there for hours, waiting for my turn to come, and had to take time off work! I had never expected something this common to be so nightmare-inducing. How great would it have been, if there was another way?
Well, if you are from New Jersey, you are in luck! You now don’t have to wait for long, as I once had to, but rather, you can pay for your tickets from the convenience of your own home! Well, now it is possible due to a new measure by New Jersey Meadowlands Commission (NJMC), an online portal for traffic tickets and municipal complaints, NJMCDirect.com.
What is NJMCDirect.com?
NJMCDirect.com is a fast, easy, secure, and economical way in order to pay your traffic tickets from the convenience of your own home. You need a reliable internet connection and a device with a browser capable of opening NJMCDirect.com.
Then you need your ticket or challan, which will have your ticket number, a court ID, and a prefix. You also need your license plate number, as on your vehicle or driving license. Finally, you need a method of online bill payment, a credit or debit card, Visa, or Mastercard.
Using these three details, you can pay for your ticket from anywhere, and at any time. None of your data is stored in the server for more than 90 days, and all the data is secure, and can only be seen by you and the NJ district court employees
How to Proceed For NJ Traffic Ticket Payment at NJMCDirect Portal
You can proceed with your NJMCDirect payment in these quick and easy steps:
- Open a browser ( Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) on your device( Mobile or Laptop/ Chromebook/ PC)
- Then go to the official website for NJMCDirect payment portal at www.NJMCDirect.com
- On the portal, you will find two options, traffic ticket, and municipal complaint, Here we shall pay the traffic ticket and select that
- Then enter the details: court ID/ name, ticket prefix, ticket number, and your license plate number on the corresponding text boxes
- Following that, click on continue
- Click on one of the two options now, ‘View NJMCDirect Ticket’ to see your NJMC ticket, the amount payable, and all fees( including late fees), or on ‘Process NJMCDirect Ticket’ to go to the next payment window
- Choose your mode of payment, credit or debit card ( Visa or Mastercard) to pay the fine, and then you will be redirected to your bank’s portal
- Fill out your card details, and click on continue. The payment will be made, and you will be redirected to the printable receipt which can be printed any day within the next 90 days, beyond which the data shall be removed from the servers
Note: While NJMCDirect is easy and convenient to use from anywhere and any device, a small transaction fee is charged with 3% per transaction is. Further, the portal works only at fixed times of the day. The portal is active on Mondays to Thursdays from 4:30 AM – 11:15 PM (EST), Fridays at 4:30AM – 10:15PM (EST), Saturdays at 4:30AM – 3:15PM (EST), and Sundays at 1:00PM – 11:15PM (EST).
We hope you found this article useful and that this has helped you to complete the NJMCDirect payment.